MUSIC TEACHER (BAND DIRECTOR)
Elder High School, an all-boys Catholic high school located in Cincinnati, Ohio, is seeking a full-time Music Teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. Applicants must have a valid Ohio teaching license (K-12 Music). The primary role will be as Band Director, including: Concert Band, Marching Band, and Beginning Band. Additional responsibilities may include teaching courses such as: Choral Music, Music Theory, Music History, Steel Drum Band, Grade School Band.
Candidate will be responsible for the organization, management, and implementation of the instrumental program. Applicant should be comfortable working cooperatively in a team-teaching environment. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- All aspects of a festival-style Marching Band program, including:
- Performances at football games, band festivals, parades
- Band camp and logistics
- Managing staff for Marching Seasons (Fall/Winter)
- Additional civic events
- Work with Band Booster organization
- Concert Band director
- Additional duties might include extracurricular groups such as Pep Band and Stage Band
- Facilitating a Beginning Band Class, which is comprised primarily of Freshman wishing to learn an instrument.
Elder High School, an all-boys Catholic high school located in Cincinnati, Ohio, is seeking a full-time School Counselor for the 2021-2022 school year. School Counseling License is required. Candidate’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Encourage students to develop a strong body, mind, and spirit through the many organizations and experiences Elder High School offers;
- Assist students and parents in scheduling classes;
- Review student records annually to verify satisfactory progress toward graduation (classes, end of course exams, credits, points, etc.);
- Provide assistance, peer tutors, information, study aids, etc. for any struggling student;
- Provide assistance to parents and teachers when a student is struggling in a class;
- Make appropriate referrals to specialists in and outside of school (mental health, primary care doctors, math specialist, school psychologist, etc.);
- Provide reference materials on different careers, colleges, military, and post-secondary options;
- Provide group guidance on topics such as study skills, organization, time management, test taking skills, note taking, grief, at-risk behaviors, etc;
- Provide seniors with assistance in completing forms for college applications, financial aid, letters of recommendation, college essays, etc.;
- Send transcripts to colleges, employers, and outside agencies and verify graduation;
- Meet with students individually at least twice a year. Support students where they are and develop a rapport with them;
- Work cooperatively with Administration and Faculty to identify students with special needs, academic/discipline issues, or other at-risk factors;
- Educate parents and students on the process of using Naviance Student Information System for college searches, job qualifications, interest inventories, financial aid information, college visits, etc.;
- Attend workshops and in-services for professional development, as well as visit colleges and other post-secondary settings;
- Nominate students for special awards and/or scholarships;
- Provide assistance to school community during crisis situations;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Elder High School, an all-boys Catholic high school located in Cincinnati, Ohio, is seeking a full-time Biological Sciences teacher for the 2021-22 school year. This position focuses on teaching the study of living things, including cells and their structures and functions, anatomy, and biology in the environment. Applicants must be able to communicate effectively with students and staff to support instruction and advance educational goals. Must be willing to work with a diverse population of learners and develop dynamic instruction to support learning objectives for each course.
Elder High School, an all-boys Catholic high school located in Cincinnati, Ohio, is seeking a full-time comprehensive Science teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. This position requires the ability to teach multiple science courses including, but not limited to, physical science, biology, and chemistry. Applicants must be able to communicate effectively with students and staff to support instruction and advance educational goals. Must be willing to work with a diverse population of learners and develop dynamic instruction to support learning objectives for each course.
STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING INTERNSHIP
Archbishop Elder High School (Cincinnati, OH) is an all-male, college-preparatory high school, within the Archdiocese of Cincinnati and an original athletic member of the historic Greater Catholic League.
The Elder Strength & Conditioning Department is seeking non-academic interns for the school year 2021-2022. Applicants need a minimum of two years of college class attainment; with degree pursuit(s) in life sciences, social sciences, sports' medicine, sports' studies, education, or an interest in coaching being preferred.
All applications will be reviewed in a timely manner and all selected applicants are subject to background check – no exception. Interested applicants will be given a full understanding of requirements; detailed examples are listed below, but are not limited to:
- Archdiocese of Cincinnati Virtus certification training;
- Approved Red Cross CPR certification;
- Ohio Department of Education Approved Pupil Activity Program;
- OHSAA Coaching certification;
- Heads Up – Concussion in Youth Sports Online Training Program;
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training.
Interested applicants will be provided with a full description of positional hire(s)’ obligations, responsibilities, course work and schedule, as well as assistance afforded each.
NOTE: Elder Strength is equipped to handle any academic internship needs a hire may require for college curriculum.
Applicants must forward complete resume and references, post marked by April 03, 2021, via USMail to:
4255 Harrison Avenue; St #01
Cincinnati, Ohio 45211.3394
Attn: Archbishop ELDER High School Strength