COLOR GUARD DIRECTOR
The Elder High School Color Guard located in Cincinnati, Ohio is seeking a Color Guard Director effective immediately. This position will oversee all aspects of the Guard program in the Elder Band. The Color Guard Director attends all after school rehearsals and all performances. The Elder High School Marching Band is a non-competitive marching band and performs at all the home football games, playoff games, local parades, and local festivals. The Winter Guard group competes in MEPA Circuit and most recently competed in Scholastic A class and was a WGI Nashville regional finalist in 2022. Applicants with the desire to grow and develop a comprehensive color guard program are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate has WGI and/or DCI experience as well as successful experience teaching in both outdoor and indoor color guard. Pay is competitive and compensated based upon experience.
Candidate must demonstrate the ability to:
Oversee and manage the Elder High School Color Guard Program (Color Guard, Winter Guard) and report to the Band Director.
- Teach and demonstrate all Color Guard implements (Flag, Rifle, Sabre, Dance).
- Create, arrange, and implement Color Guard choreography, both as an integrated part of the marching band (Field Show and Parades), and for the Winter Guard.
- Budget and plan based on program needs and means.
- Recruit, grow and maintain the program.
- Teach various levels of students from beginner to intermediate.
- Attend all summer rehearsals including band camp and summer sectionals.
- Be an effective planner in a rehearsal setting.
- Maintain a culture that promotes student success.
- Maintain and facilitate auditions.
- Maintain effective communication with staff, parents, and students.
CASHIER, FOOD PREP TEAM MEMBER
AVI Foodsystems, the foodservice provider for Elder High School, has openings for cashier and food prep team member positions. Benefits include:
- Working in a family culture and atmosphere
- Competitive compensation
- Part-time schedules
- Flexible hours
- Team member meals
And if you have a son attending Elder, you can earn a BONUS! After working for 30 days, receive $100 in meal money on your student’s account.
If interested, please contact Scott Sullivan, AVI Fresh Resident Director, at 513-921-3459
AVI Foodsystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.